Our Lady Star of the Sea (OLSS) is a close knit, supportive and nurturing community where the wellbeing of your child is pivotal to everything we do and plays a vital part in their learning success. Joining the school in 2021 is new Principal, John Barton, who leads the dedicated, talented and professional team who are proud of their commitment to the children’s learning. Your child will gain a well-rounded education based on the Catholic values which underpin our curriculum all within a dynamic learning environment encompassing extensive greenspace.
What makes us different?
At OLSS we pride ourselves on promoting an inclusive and supporting school community, where families, students and teachers work together to foster a love of learning that extends beyond the classroom.
- We are invested in the wellbeing and happiness of our students & our parent community
- Comprehensive kinder transition program
- Strong academic focus with consistent results
- Student leadership programs
- Public speaking programs
- Interschool debating competition
- Japanese language lessons
- Wide range of sporting opportunities, including representative levels
- Video recording equipment, coding & robotics
- Lunch time clubs
- Extensive school grounds, in a beautiful bushland setting.
- Before and After School Care on site.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do you have to be of the Catholic faith? No, we accept all families, we only ask that you support us in our teaching of the Catholic faith.
Are the school fees expensive? We have school fees but they are not as expensive as you may think. Every family is supported financially and are encouraged to apply. We also provide sibling discounts for 2nd and 3rd children and the 4th child is free.
How are playground issues handled? Our Lady Star of the Sea is a KidsMatter school in which student wellbeing permeates all activities in the life of our school. In the classroom we teach social and emotional intelligence and a growth mindset. Bullying of any form is not tolerated and is dealt with immediately.