There are various sub committees within the P & F that work to support both the P & F and school to achieve parental engagement and involvement.
Below is an explanation of some of the sub committees that are part of the P & F.
We would like to welcome anyone who is interested in volunteering on the committees for what is a richly rewarding experience. Please contact us at email@example.com if you are interested in finding out more about or would like to join a particular committee.
Daytime Committee – Lenise McIntosh
The Daytime Committee is responsible for organising any day time social event for the school community. We host a range of events that all parents and carers can participate in and enjoy as well as assisting the school with specific events and carnivals. Some of the events that we are responsible for are:
- “Tears and Tissues” morning tea for all Kindergarten parents at the beginning of the year
- Grandparent’s Day morning tea
- Organising water to be on hand for teachers and parent volunteers at both the Swimming and Athletics Carnivals
- Mother’s and Father’s Day Stalls
- Organising morning tea for the Kindergarten orientation days
Grade parent Coordinator – Chantal Bush
In addition to class parents, each year has a grade co-ordinator. The role of the grade co-ordinator is to support the class parents in their role and assist in organising social events for the grade. The primary responsibilities of the grade co-ordinator (and class parents) are to:
- Provide a welcoming environment and be contact person for parents within our school community
- Support our teachers
- Support our P & F, including events planned for our whole school community
Each year has a grade coordinator and class parents which help organise many of the events held during the school year. It has also proved to be a very successful means of communicating urgent requests/reminders to the entire grade and school.
Kids Disco Committee – Sharon Carson
The OLSOS School Disco team aim to host a whole school disco twice a year. We are responsible for organising a DJ, parental supervision for the night and to ensure that water is available for the children. We actively promote the disco to the school community. The primary focus is to ensure that the children have a fun and enjoyable night however the disco does also assist on raising finds for the school via the P & F.
Second hand uniform shop – Sally Belford
The P & F has established an affordable and sustainable second hand uniform shop with the support and goodwill of parents and carers. We sell donated second hand uniforms at low cost to any member of the school community. We help families new to the school mid-year, year 6 children and others requiring uniforms only for a short time. Click here to contact the second hand uniform shop.
If you have any second hand uniforms please consider donating them. Shirts and sports shirts sell for $5 and more expensive items such as jackets and girls winter tunics from $10. Funds go towards general P & F fundraising. If you would like to donate your uniforms to the P & F, please hand in to the school office in ready to sell condition.
Social Committee – Kristen Puckeridge
The social committee is responsible for organising and promoting social events for the whole school community. We aim to hold fun events that both parents and children can participate in and which strengthen our school community spirit. Our main goals are to have fun and increase the number of families/parents that come along to and are involved (volunteer) in our social events. Some of the events we are responsible for are:
- Welcome BBQ – this is held within the first few weeks of Term 1
- Social evening for parents – an evening for just parents to relax and share a few laughs
- End of year/Christmas Concert
- Promote the Parish’s annual Trivia night
- Any other social events that are held during the year