The Grade Coordinator and Class Parent Network is part of the P & F and plays an important role in ensuring that parents feel welcomed and informed about the school community. We strive to promote a supportive working partnership between parents and the school for the benefit of all our children.
Grade Parent Coordinator
In addition to class parents, each year will also have a grade coordinator. The grade coordinators are part of the P & F committee and are asked to attend the P & F meetings when possible. The primary responsibilities of the grade coordinator (and class parents) are to:
- Provide a welcoming environment and be contact person for parents within our school community
- Support our teachers.
- Support our P & F, including events planned for our whole school community.
- Support the class parents in their role and assist in organising social events for the grade.
Each year has a grade coordinator and class parents which help organise many of the events held during the school year. It has also proved to be a very successful means of communicating urgent requests/reminders to the entire grade and school.
If you are interested in becoming a grade coordinator for your child’s grade, please contact us here or download the nomination form and return to the school office.
Description of the Grade Coordinator Role
The role of a class parent is to:
1. Liaise with teachers and parents to provide a welcoming environment for parents to meet and socialise with to their in the school community.
2. Support class teachers by organising classroom helpers as required.
3. Provide a helping hand for various school activities.
4. Be contact persons for families within the school.
If you are interested in becoming a class parent for 2021, please contact us using the links below. Your names will be collated and passed onto the Assistant Principal so that once class allocations are known at the end of the year, class parents can be appointed. If we don’t have enough class parents through this process, we will be asking for volunteers within the first couple of weeks of Term 1, 2021.